Jelly Bean 4.2.2 AOSP Custom ROM For HTC One X
Jelly Bean 4.2.2 AOSP Custom Rom is now available for HTC One X user’s. If are the owner of HTC One X than you can install this custom rom on your smartphone. Just follow the below given simple steps to update to this custom rom.
Before Updating to this Custom Rom Make Sure that you full fill the following steps.
1: You have installed clockworkMod Recovery installed.
2: Make sure that the boot loader of your HTC One X is unlocked.
3: You have made backup of your data.
5: Make sure that USB mass storage mode is enabled.
6: Make your that your battery is 100% charged. If it’s not 100% it should be at least more than 80%.
7: Make sure ADB and Fastboot is configured on your PC
If you full fill all these aspects than you can proceed forward.
Note: iTECHBOOK is not responsible for any sort of problem that happens to your device during the process. Install this Custom Rom on your device at your own risk. As this update is for HTC One X so you should install this on HTC One X only don’t try this on any other device.
Now just follow the following steps to install this custom rom
- Download Jelly Bean 4.2.2 AOSP Custom ROM from here. After downloading extract boot.img from the zip file separately.
- Now connect your smartphone to your computer with the help of USB cable.
- Now copy that custom rom rar file from your computer to the SD card.
- Copy/paste the boot.img file to android-sdk-windowsplatform-toolsdirectory.
- Once you have copied these files, then turn off your phone.
- Now turn on your phone and enter fast boot or boot loader. In order to get into boot loader press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons when you were turning on your phone.
- Once you have entered the fast boot or boot loader on your smartphone then on your computer open command prompt.
- There in the command prompt type the following command and press enter.
- Once you have entered this command on your computer than on your smartphone open bootloader and go to recovery.
- First wipe data in the clockworkMOD recovery than open flash rom file from SD card and press power button to enter.
- You can use volume buttons to move up and down among the available options in the list. Select the zip file and press power button to enter.
- Once you have pressed the power button there installation will start.
- Once the installation is complete back back on the recovery menu and reboot your phone.
- Your phone will take for about 5 mins to start up again for the first time after the installation, so don’t worry and just wait there for sometime.
- Once your phone is turned on go to settings and open about phone to verify this update.