How To Shutdown / Restart Windows 8 From Desktop
How to Shutdown or Restart Windows 8 From Desktop, Taskbar, Start Screen. How to Create and Just click the Shortcut and either Turn off or Restart or PC.
You can Shutdown or Restart Windows 8 From Desktop, Taskbar, Start Screen or any other location you want by creating a shortcut with an command. Just click the Shortcut and either Turn off or Restart or PC.
Following the instructions, enter these commands to create the new shortcut which will, upon clicking, automatically restart or shutdown the PC.
- shutdown /s /t 0 ( You can use various shutdown command for this purpose and for different types of shutdown. Such as, /r for reboot instead of turning off the system, whereas /h puts the computer in hibernation.)
- Click Next, and name the shortcut as Shut Down or Restart
- Now, In order to place it on taskbar, or any other location of your choice just right-click the new shortcut and pin it to taskbar. Or if you want these shortcuts on your Start Screen, then simply right click on the shortcut and click on Pin to Start.
- When you want to turn off your PC, just click the shortcut, and the shutdown process will start.
- Be careful with these shortcuts as once clicked even accidently and unintentionally the computer will shutdown immediately and you might lost your unsaved work.
- .You can also create shutdown, restart and log-off tiles on the Modern UI Start Screen
- There is another way to make these shortcuts but this one is comparatively simpler so i am only going you to suggest that you use this one, save a lot of time too.