- Apple To Start a $100 billion cash return program to investorsPosted 19 days ago
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs Apple iPhone5 & Samsung Galaxy S3Posted 64 days ago
- American Airlines prefer to buy Samsung Galaxy Note II instead of Apple iPad for flight attendantsPosted 70 days ago
- New iOS 7 Weather App Will be inspired by Android [Concept]Posted 72 days ago
- Apple’s New iWatch could be a potential business of $6 BillionPosted 76 days ago
- Free Dictionary Applications For iPhone 5/4S On iOS 6.1.2/6.1/6.1.3Posted 77 days ago
- Apple would be releasing a 4.5 inch screen iPhone Next year at $330 with a polycarbonate BodyPosted 78 days ago
- Evasion 1.5 Untethered Jailbreak Is Released To Improve Boot Up time In Jailbroken DevicesPosted 85 days ago
- Untethered Jailbreak to iOS 6.1.2 with Evasion 1.4Posted 89 days ago
- Download New iOS 6.1.2 for your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPadPosted 89 days ago
- Steve Jobs wanted to build an Apple iCarPosted 92 days ago
- Sn0wBreeze 2.9.9 – Fixing Device Detection, Evasion’s AddPosted 95 days ago
- Apple may Introduce New All Aluminum iPhone based on Patent AntennaPosted 96 days ago
- iOS 6.1.1 Jailbreak-Evasion 1.3 is now Support on iPhone 4SPosted 97 days ago
- Taskboard Add an iOS Inspired Multitasking Bar to Mac OS XPosted 97 days ago
- A List Of Best Cydia Tweaks Compatible With iOS iOS6.0.1/6.1 For FreePosted 103 days ago
- 128GB iPad 4 is Now Available at Apple StorePosted 103 days ago
- How To Untethered Jailbreak iPhone 5/4s/4, iPad 4/3/Mini On iOS 6.0.1/6.1 With Evasi0nPosted 104 days ago
- Download Evasi0n Untethered JailbreakPosted 107 days ago
- The iPhone users pay the highest phone bills monthlyPosted 110 days ago
Downgrading Method from iOS 6 to 5.1.1 for A5+ devices by Winocm
Are you one of those who had a great thing going on in their A5 Chip iPhone or iPad but then along came iOS6 and you updated to iOS 6.X without taking doing any math? Well, if yes , then i can most certainly share your feeling as I did the same and now I am stuck at a non-jailbroken version of iOS for which Jailbreak is yet to come. However i see a hope here too if I am able to even downgrade to my old iOS the 5.1 I would do that, I then i wouldn’t have to worry about the release dates of iOS 6 jailbreak or anything.
According to the Winocm’s tweet he was working on a method for downgrading from iOS 6 to 5.1.1 which will be useful on all devices. All devices mean all A5+ devices are included. its is worth mentioning because downgrading from iOS 5 to 5.1 on A5+ devices is either very difficult, for instance in the iPad 2, or impossible via Redsn0w if Apple stops signing the iOS 5 firmware.
iOS 6 firmware downgrade which will work with A5+ processors is a great news for all those who have been desperately waiting for the jailbreak to be released for iOS6. Even if you are just a user not a developer who would think that iOS 6 is a dud, Winocm’s hack may keep users from getting stuck on a non-jailbroken firmware and waiting for such a long time for its jailbreak to come out in the future.
Winocm is famous for Play Station 3 firmware hacking also contributory work in tweaks like CameraConnector to Cydia under the name ‘rms’. Winocm is currently working on many different sets of projects. A day before he tweeted about his all devices downgrade project, he had shared a video in which linux booted up on an iPhone 4. that was pretty impressive.
The downgrade of iOS 6.X to 5.1.1 shall carry the SHSH blob requirement as usual. but one thing to be noticed that you would not be able to go back to iOS 5.1.1 if you only have saved SHSH blobs from the firmware that was installed at the factory or through OTA updates. SHSH blobs can be saved in TinyUmbrella and whenever you boot up Cydia on a jailbroken device they are automatically saved. SO, keep that in mind.
Leave comments and let us know what do you think about it , should we wait for iOS6 Jailbreak of downgrade to 5.1 if we could?